March 30, 2009

REPORT: Gorrick R4

It doesn't get any easier having a bad day at the office - even if you are used to it! The Gorrick didn't exactly go to plan - I knew the form wasn't great coming into the race, what with the National next weekend. But I was still up for having a go in the race.

At the Gorrick Series, Expert and Elite riders are grouped together, which means the top ten is always out of bounds. Today was no exception, but soon I was up with the 'leading' Expert riders. Although I felt bad I figured the performance was still good so kept going, riding a couple others off the wheel.

Two crashes later though (the second one being a 180, still clipped in and then slamming to the dust!) and I was out of the race. Too much pain to mention. I can only thank the riders behind for not slamming into me...it was a pretty close run thing as I scrambled off the track!

This morning the injuries are alot better, post-race I thought my back was twisted but it seems the only lasting damage is my panda-hand, that will be fine for Sunday though where I hope to be flying...just not through the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment