April 13, 2009

NATIONAL XC R1

Two weeks of mixed fortunes for the team! I can't really report well on what happened at the first round of the British Mountain Bike Series as I was not there. After resting and coming into form I got hit hard by the sickness bus and there was no way I could race, ride a bike or do anything in public. Our other riders could at least have a go.

Joining me in the ranks of 'unfortunate times to have something go wrong' was Chris who had his saddle fall off halfway round the Expert race. He spent an hour wondering exactly how he'd explain any accidents to the medics. Fortunately that didn't come through and he finished 36th.

It does get better though. Ruth rode well into 7th Expert for the ladies and can't wait for the hilly courses. And Matt got the result of the day with 15th in Masters - otherwise known as the ex-elite category. Don't believe me? The top five had a clear two minutes over sixth place, which Matt was only one minute adrift from...

Next big race is the National XC round 2 at Dalby on May 10 with a host of regional events in between for the mistakes and illnesses to be ironed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment